History

 

CompanyRetail Dept.Service Dept.Funeral PageFloral Page

NewsletterLinksContact Us


Home>Company>History
 

 Brief History of Berry's Garden Center, Inc.

 

A. A. Berry started his seed company, Berry's Seed Company, in the mid 1880's in Clarinda, Iowa as a mail order seed and wholesale to dealers.  In the 1950's they added retail stores to the company with three in Illinois, Danville being one of them.  In the early 1960's, as farming was evolving the stores were closed and sold.  The Danville store was sold to Ralph Dubois, and the name was changed to Berry's Farm and Home Store.  A fire in 1975 was a time of change for the company.

In 1976, Berry's Garden Center, Inc. was formed, a combined venture of Berry's Farm and Home Store and Lakeview Nursery and Landscape Service, owned by Terry annd Steve Light.  Irrigation services were added in 1977, Purina Chow was dropped in 1979, power equipment eliminated in 1981, and a full service flower shop was added in 1999.

[Home][Company][Retail Department][Service Department][Funeral Page][Floral Page][Newsletter][Links][Contact Us]

Copyright(c) 2011 Berry's Garden Center. All rights reserved.
Click here to E-Mail Webmaster with comments about this site.